Reel Art Overview
What is Reel Art?
Reel Art is a competition where kids create artwork centered around South Carolina fish species and their habitat.
- Open to South Carolina students in Kindergarten through 12th grade in public, private, or home school
- Students must submit original works of art that have not been copied from published photographs or other works of art
- Students may use any type of medium to create their artwork such as colored pencils, chalks, watercolors, acrylic paints, etc
- Entries must be of a horizontal format. 9”x12” without a mat
- No computer generated images or other mechanical devices can be used to create the student’s entry
- There should be no signatures or initials on the front of the artwork Reel Art Entry Form must be completed and attached to the back of the artwork
- The Reel Art Entry Form must be completed and attached to the back of the artwork. This includes listing the animals and plants in the artwork.
- Artwork must be postmarked by March 1 and addressed to:
Attn: Lorianne Riggin
P.O. Box 167
Columbia, SC 29201
Grade Requirements for Artwork
- Grades K-6: any fish living in South Carolina waters
- Grades 7-9: any fish and its habitat in South Carolina
- Grades 10-12: click the following link for further details for this category. 2013 Reel Art Topic (PDF)
SC Art Standards & SC Reel Art (PDF)
Reel Art Exhibits
Some of the files above are provided in the Adobe® Acrobat® (PDF) format. Adobe® Reader® is required to open these files and is available as a free download from the Adobe® Web site.