Reel Art Overview
What is Reel Art?
Reel Art is a competition where kids create artwork centered around South Carolina fish species and their habitat.
- Open to South Carolina students in Kindergarten through 12th grade in public, private, or home school
- Students must submit original works of art that have not been copied from published photographs or other works of art
- Students may use any type of medium to create their artwork such as colored pencils, chalks, watercolors, acrylic paints, etc
- Entries must be of a horizontal format. 9”x12” without a mat
- No computer generated images or other mechanical devices can be used to create the student’s entry
- There should be no signatures or initials on the front of the artwork Reel Art Entry Form must be completed and attached to the back of the artwork
- The Reel Art Entry Form must be completed and attached to the back of the artwork. This includes listing the animals and plants in the artwork.
- Artwork must be postmarked by February 1 and addressed to:
Attn: Sarah Chabaane
P.O. Box 167
Columbia, SC 29201
Grade Requirements for Artwork
- Grades K-6: any fish living in South Carolina waters
- Grades 7-12: visit the following link for further details for this category. 2016 Reel Art Topic (PDF)
SC Art Standards & SC Reel Art (PDF)
- Prizes will be awarded to the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners, as well as to all the honorable mentions, in the form of art prizes and an opportunity to attend the Reel Art Family Fishing Clinic.
- No monetary prizes of any kind are awarded.
- All those participating will receive a certificate and a packet of pastels.
Reel Art Exhibits
National State Fish Art Program
- If you would like for your artwork to participate on a national level, you can also enter the State Fish Art Program. The deadline for this competition is March 31st. You may use your Reel Art entries or winners to enter. To learn more about the State Fish Art Program, visit the following link http://www.wildlifeforever.org/contest