DESCRIPTION: The SCO Weather Quiz is composed of weather-related questionsthat have been randomly selected from the SCO quiz question master list. The test is targeted at elementary school students, but may provide some challenge to people of all ages (we were even stumped on a few). The quiz is updated daily with a new list of questions; however, you may see some questions repeated from day to day (give us time to add more questions to the master list).
1) Respond to each of the questions below by pressing the button next to the answer you think best answers the question above. These questions are not intended to be trick questions.
2) Make sure to answer ALL questions in order for your score to be used in the calculation of test averages.
3) Press the "Grade" button at the bottom to see how your score stacks up against your classmates.
1) From the ground, how are the layers of the atmosphere ordered?
Troposphere, Stratosphere, Mesosphere, and Thermosphere
Stratosphere, Troposphere, Mesosphere, and Thermosphere
Thermosphere, Stratosphere, Mesosphere, and Troposphere
Mesosphere, Troposphere, Stratosphere, and Thermosphere
2) Tornadoes result from the interaction of contrasting layers of air within a heavy ___________ cloud mass.