SCDNR Update Regarding COVID-19
Page last updated: March 30, 2020
SCDNR continues to monitor COVID-19. In accordance with guidance from state and federal authorities, SCDNR has canceled, postponed or closed several programs. As more programs and events are affected, we will continue to post cancellations and closures here.
- 2020 Turkey Lottery Hunts - all dates all SCDNR Lottery hunts on WMA properties have been canceled. Sandhills National Wildlife Refuge hunts remain open unless a stay home order is declared. See: https://www.fws.gov/home/state-by-state-closures.html
- SC Archery in the Schools Program State Championship (March 24-26)
- The Palmetto Sportsmen's Classic (March 27-29)
- All boater education classes canceled through March 30, 2020.
- All hunter education classes canceled through March 30, 2020.
- Coyote Management Workshop – Webb Wildlife Center (April 2-3)
- Fish Brosnan Forest Fishing Rodeo (April 4)
- Table Rock State Park Fishing Clinics (April 4 & April 18)
- Diversity Outreach Program - Congaree Creek Heritage Preserve Nature Walk (April 11)
- Diversity Outreach Program - Volunteer Lab Day at Parker Annex Archaeology Center (April 13)
- Historic Camden, Kershaw County Fishing Rodeo (April 25)
- 8 Oaks Park, Georgetown County Fishing Rodeo (April 25)
- Charles Town Landing, Charleston County Fishing Rodeo (April 25)
- Blue Heron, Jasper County Fishing Rodeo (April 25)
- Diversity Outreach Program – Horry County Fishing Clinic (May 1)
- Barnwell County Fishing Rodeo (May 2)
- Sun City Grandparents Park Fishing Clinics (May 16, June 20, July 18) - Suspended until further notice
- Diversity Outreach Program – Margaret H. Lloyd (Camden) Nature Hike (May 23)
- Volunteer Lab days at SCDNR's Parker Annex Archaeology Center will be canceled until further notice.
- Take One Make One classes have been cancelled until further notice.
- Bat netting is currently SUSPENDED due to COVID-19 until furter notice.
- Sassafras Mountain Tower, Bald Rock to close in response to COVID-19
- The Botany Bay Plantation beach access will be closed effective March 28 until further notice. The remainder of the property will remain open at this time.
- The St. Stephen's Fish Lift (Shad cam available)
- All SCDNR freshwater fish hatcheries (still operational, but closed to public)
- Beginning March 19 at 5 p.m., SCDNR offices statewide will no longer be able to accommodate in-person transactions at our customer service counters until further notice. In the interim, operations at SCDNR offices will continue, with processing for all boat titling and registration and licensing customer requests being handled online, by telephone or via the U.S. mail.
- Due to the executive order from the Governor for prevention of the COVID-19 virus, all DNR ranges will close at 3 PM today, March 20, 2020, and remain closed until further notice. Please continue to monitor our website for updated information on ranges.
- Additionally, U.S. Department of Energy has also closed Crackerneck Wildlife Management Area and Ecological Reserve in Aiken County is closed until further notice.
- Duke Energy will close Bad Creek Hydro Project and Musterground Road in Oconee County Monday, March 23. This means the Oconee County access to the Jocassee Gorges is closed to vehicles. The gates will be locked until further notice. This also closes some vehicle access points to the Foothills Trail.
- The Youth Bass Fishing Championship (March 27-28)
- Blue Hole Recreation Area Fishing Rodeo (April 25)
SCDNR urges all customers to utilize online resources for the purchase of hunting and fishing licenses, as well as renewal of boat registrations.
At this time, COVID-19 has not impacted season dates or regulations of upcoming hunting or fishing seasons.
Wildlife Management Areas are open in accordance with their regular schedule.