Regulations - Species Limits, Possession, Size
Regulations effective July 1, 2012
Possession Limit: No more than 5 combined total per person per day of largemouth, redeye, smallmouth, or their hybrids.
Size limit: No statewide length limits
Exceptions to the limits above:
- Slade's Lake—2 black bass per person per day no less than 12 inches.
- Lakes Blalock, Greenwood, Jocassee, Marion, Monticello, Moultrie, Murray, Secession, Wateree, Wylie, and the middle reach of the Saluda River and the upper reach of the Santee River—no bass less than 14 inches in total length.
- Lakes Hartwell, Keowee, Russell (including the Lake Hartwell tailwater), Robinson (Greenville County), Thurmond, Tugaloo, Yonah, Stevens Creek Reservoir, the Chattooga, and Savannah Rivers—no bass less than 12 inches in total length.
- Lakes Hartwell, Keowee, Russell (including the Lake Hartwell tailwater), Thurmond, Tugaloo, Yonah, the Chattooga and Savannah Rivers and Stevens Creek Reservoir—10 fish combined total per person per day of any black bass species (largemouth, smallmouth, redeye or spotted bass).
- Game fish must be landed with head and tail fin intact.