Sunrise Lake Regulations
General Fishing Regulations
Additional Regulations for Sunrise Lake
Regulation Number: 123-210
1. A valid South Carolina fishing license is required for all persons 16 years of age or older.
2. The lake is open to fishing on Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday, from one-half hour before official sunrise to one-half hour after official sunset.
3. Fishing is allowed with only rod and reels or poles. The statewide limit on the number of these devices applies.
4. Daily fish limits are 20 bream, 3 catfish, and 2 largemouth bass 16 inches or longer. Statewide limits apply for all other fish species.
5. Vehicles are restricted to roads and designated access areas only.
6. Trails are for walking or fishing access only; no ATV's, motorized vehicles, or horses allowed on these trails.
7. Pets must be on leashes or under the control of their owner at all times.
8. No minnows allowed for bait.
9. Boats are allowed, but may only be propelled by paddle or electric trolling motors.
10. All boats must meet U.S. Coast Guard requirements for operation and equipment.
11. Entry to this property is allowed from Boyd Faile Road only.
12.00 The following activities are prohibited:
12.01 Snagging of fish or the use of any nongame fish device
12.07 Loud noise or loud music
12.09 Fires (allowed in designated areas only)
12.10 Alcoholic beverages
12.11 Possession or discharging of firearms
The information provided on these web pages are for information only. Changes are made on the DNR's web site as new legislation is passed. Any discrepancy between these web pages and any statute or regulation shall be governed by the statute or regulation.