2015 Photo Contest Rules
South Carolina Wildlife - Hampton Wildlife Fund
Photographers of all ages and skill levels are welcome to enter the contest. To enter, you must send your entry(s) via e-mail with a JPG photo file attached. Type Photo Contest in the subject line. Resolution/size of the attached image file must be a minimum of 2 megabytes (Mb) and 300 dpi. Prints will not be accepted - only digital images meeting the above requirements. All entries must be received no later than 5:00 PM on February 15, 2015. All images not meeting these basic requirements will be ineligible for prizes.
This year we are hoping to include some photos from the Sporting and Outdoor Recreation category in our July-August 2015 Special Sportsman's Calendar issue. If you want your sporting image (hunting, fishing, hiking, camping or hunting dog) considered for the calendar, it MUST be landscape/horizontal orientation.
Rather than having a separate YOUTH category for photographers seventeen years old or younger, we will award a special prize for best Youth Entry in each regular category. Just be sure to list your age on your entry e-mail to also be considered for the YOUTH award.
- The body of the e-mail submitted with each entry MUST include: the photographer's name, address, daytime telephone number, email address, photo subject, photo location, photographers age (to be considered for youth awards) and which category entered: Wildlife (except birds), Birds, Sporting and Outdoor Recreation or Scenic/Landscapes.
- A single e-mail may only have one photo attached; multiple entries must be attached to separate entry emails. An individual photographer may enter a maximum of two photographs in the contest (NOT two per category) and a single photo may only be entered in one category.
- Photos may be either landscape or portrait orientation. However, if you want your photo to be considered for our Special Sportsman's Calendar issue, it MUST be landscape/horizontal orientation. File format should be .jpg or .JPEG and MUST be at least 2Mb and 300 dpi.
- All photos MUST be shot in South Carolina.
- No digital manipulation/editing, except for traditional darkroom-style adjustments such as exposure, contrast, burn or dodge, brightness, shadow/highlights, saturation may be used. Entries exhibiting use of content manipulation, color or image manipulations including, but not limited to, colorizing or use of digital effects, will be disqualified.
- At the sole discretion of the contest committee and the judges, images must be tasteful and appropriate for public and family viewing.
- The top one hundred photos (including the winning photos in each category) will be chosen by our panel of judges. Wining images will be printed and mounted by SCW magazine and displayed at the 2015 Palmetto Sportsmen's Classic at the State Fairgrounds in Columbia. The remaining photos from the Top 100 will be displayed in a digital gallery at the 2015 Palmetto Sportsman's Classic, March 27-29, 2015. Winning photo prints may be picked up after 3:00 p.m. on Sunday, March 29, at the Palmetto Sportsmen's Classic. Prints not picked up will be mailed to the respective photographers after the Classic.
- Entries not conforming to these rules may be disqualified without further notification.
Wildlife (except birds)
Sporting and Outdoor Recreation (sporting images: fishing, hunting, hiking, boating, camping, hunting dogs, etc.)
One 1st, 2nd and 3rd prize in each category.
One honorable mention in each category
One Best Youth Photo in each category
One Harry R.E. Hampton Best of Show Award
By entering the contest, photographers grant lifetime usage rights of entered images to South Carolina Wildlife magazine, the South Carolina Department of Natural Resources and the Harry Hampton Memorial Wildlife Fund. This agreement does not in any way limit the right of the photographer to print, publish, display or sell the image.
No compensation is offered for any use, publication or reprint of these images by South Carolina Wildlife magazine, the S.C. Department of Natural Resources or the Harry Hampton Fund.
Entrant attests that the attached photograph is the original work of the author and that the entrant is the said author and one and the same as the sender of this email entry and that no other person, persons and/or entities (public, private or corporate) have any further rights or copyrights to this original photograph. For more information, contact Joey Frazier, (803) 734-3967, or via e-mail.