Article for November - December 2011
All They Had To Give
Since the first South Carolina game wardens were appointed in 1905, ten officers are known to have lost their lives in the line of duty.
The names of Frank Floyd and other state conservation officers killed in the line of duty are inscribed on the walls of the South Carolina Law Enforcement Officers Memorial in Columbia.
South Carolina Wildlife remembers:
- L. Pressley Reeves; Died September 2, 1908
- Frank A. Floyd; Died July 25, 1949
- Robert Joseph McIntyre; Died September 17, 1956
- A.C. Campbell; Died December 23, 1969
- Charles Levon McNeill; Died October 3, 1974
- Ray G. Moore; Died November 1, 1975
- Doyle Hayes Hill; Died January 15, 1976
- Robert D. Sadler; Died May 19, 1982
- George Don Peeler; Died February 26, 1989
- Leroy Mallett Dantzler; Died December 11, 1991
© 2011 South Carolina Wildlife Magazine, November - December 2011 - www.scwildlife.com