Coastal Training Program
Downloadable files below are in the PDF format.
South Carolina Coastal Low Impact Development (LID) Manual: Needs, Use and Lessons Learned
Sponsored by SCDNR/ACE Basin Coastal Training Program, SC Sea Grant Consortium, Carolina Clear, Ashley Cooper Stormwater Education Consortium, Coastal Waccamaw Stormwater Education Constortium, and SCDHEC-OCRM.
Objectives for the meeting:
- Inform participants of recent, regional LId manuals and their development, use and effectiveness.
- Develop a common working knowledge of the phrase "Low Impact Development," through the use of keypad polling and an interactive activity.
- Foster a feeling of active involvement in the overall manual development process so that participatns feel as if the manual is thier own product.
- Gather information from participatns about their needs from the content and use of such a manual.
- The Implementation of Low Impact Development (LID) Practices along the South Carolina Coast
- North Carolina Low Impact Development: A Guidebook and Online Curriculum
- Georgia's Coastal Stormwater Supplement
- Georgia's Green Growth Guidelines
Breakout Session Discussions
- Manuals and Guidebooks
- Low Impact Development Atlas
- Resources from Research at Oak Terrace Preserve
- Other State, Watershed, Regional, and Local Level Resources