Coastal Training Program
South Carolina's Changing Shoreline: Implications for the Future
Objectives for the meeting:
- Participants increase their knowledge of implications of shoreline change and actions their communities can take to address these risks.
- Participants share their views and provide insight to efforts within their community and additional resources needed.
- Implications for the Physical Environment (Adobe PDF file)
- Implications for the Ecological Environment (Adobe PDF file)
- Implications for the Socio-Economic Environment (Adobe PDF file)
- Findings of the SC Shoreline Change Advisory Committee: Applications for South Carolina's Coastal Communities (Adobe PDF file)
- Findings of the SCDNR's Report on Climate Change Impacts on Natural Resources in South Carolina (Adobe PDF file)
Breakout Session Discussions
- SC DHEC Shoreline Change Advisory Committee
- Draft Report out for Comment located on this site
- Assessment of Shoreline Management Along the South Carolina Coast
- SLAMM Visualization (Sea Level Affect Marshes Model)
- Susceptibility to Sea Level Rise Modeling (University of Arizona)
- Shoreline Change Resources from the Region 4 (Southeast) EPA
- SC DHEC Coastal Laws, Regulations and Policies
- State of the Beaches Report 2009
Some of the files above are in the Adobe® Acrobat® (PDF) format. Adobe® Reader® is required to open the files and is available as a free download from the Adobe® Web site.