Several new studies are underway at MRRI including:
Ocean Exploration - A study to assess reef fish habitats as important spawning areas off the coast of South Carolina.
Diadromous Fish Studies (Sturgeon/Eels/Shad)
- Annual juvenile Atlantic sturgeon recruitment index
- American shad spawning migrations
- Population status of the shortnose sturgeon
- Life History of adult Atlantic sturgeon
- National Initiative for Aquaculture Development and Fishery Enhancement of Cobia, Rachycentron canadum
- Striped Bass Population Restoration in the Charleston Harbor Estuary
- Organic Farming of Marine Shrimp: A Holistic Approach to Management of Feeds & Microbial Dynamics
- Commercialization of Bait Shrimp Farming Based on Specific Pathogen Free Stocks
- Assessing the Effects of Road and Bridge Construction in a Tidal Creek System: Folly Bridge Replacement Project
- Monitoring Piping Plover Habitat quality: Port Royal Shoreline Restoration and Stabilization Project
- Charleston Harbor Deepening Pre-Assessment Study
- Oyster Restoration Study
More information on these studies and contact information is provided in the Adobe PDF format. Adobe® Reader® is required to open the files and is available as a free download from the Adobe® Web site.