SCDNR to conduct courtesy boat inspections during Labor Day weekend August 29, 2018
Courtesy boat inspections will be hosted around the state on Sunday, Sept. 2 and Monday, Sept. 3. (SCDNR photo)
The South Carolina Department of Natural Resources (SCDNR) Law Enforcement Division will be conducting courtesy boat inspections at public boat landings around the state in preparation for Labor Day weekend. This holiday is among the busiest times of the year for South Carolina lakes and waterways, and boating safety is highly encouraged in hopes of keeping everyone's weekend fun and safe.
SCDNR boating safety and enforcement officers will perform quick but thorough inspections for required safety equipment and proper boat and motor registrations. Those who are not in compliance with safety regulations or registration requirements will not be ticketed and will be given an opportunity to correct the problem before they launch their boats. SCDNR officers will also answer questions and offer additional safety tips regarding safety on the water.
To report boating violations such as reckless operation or an intoxicated boat operator, call the SCDNR toll-free, 24-hour hotline at 1-800-922-5431 or dial #DNR on your cellular phone.
For a copy of South Carolina's boating regulations, to find out about local boating safety courses, or to obtain a free float plan form, contact the
SCDNR boating safety office at 1-800-277-4301 or visit
Labor Day weekend boat inspection locations:
Sunday, Sept. 2
- Anderson County: River Forks Boat Ramp, Lake Hartwell: 2-4 p.m.
- Chesterfield County: Morrison Landing, Lake Robinson: 11a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Kershaw County: Clearwater Cove Landing, Lake Wateree: 10 a.m. – Noon
- Marion County: Galivants Ferry Landing, Little Pee Dee River: 10 a.m. – Noon
- Oconee County: South Cove Landing, Lake Keowee: 10 a.m. – Noon
- York County: Buster Boyd Landing, Lake Wylie: 10 a.m. – Noon
Monday, Sept. 3:
- Beaufort County: Cross Island Landing, Broad Creek: 10 a.m. – Noon
- Berkeley County: Cypress Gardens Landing, Dunham Creek: 10 a.m. – Noon
- Charleston County: Buck Hall Landing, ICW in Awendaw: 10 a.m. – Noon
- Charleston County: Wappoo Cut Landing, south of Charleston Harbor on ICW: 10 a.m. – Noon
- Clarendon County: Alex Harvin Landing, Lake Marion: 10 a.m. – Noon
- Dorchester County: Herbert H. Jessen Landing, Ashley River: 10 a.m. – Noon
- Georgetown County: East Bay Street Park, Sampit River: 10 a.m. – Noon
- Horry County: Bass Pro Shop Landing, Highway 22 at Highway 17 on ICW: 10 a.m. – Noon
- Lexington County: Lake Murray Dam, Lake Murray: 10 a.m. – Noon
|Coastal, Midlands||David Lucas||843-610-0096|
|Upstate, Midlands||Greg Lucas||864-380-5201|
After Hours Radio Room - 803-955-4000