Check out courtesy boat inspections for Memorial Day weekend! May 23, 2018
In an effort to keep people and waterways safe during Memorial Day weekend, SCDNR law enforcement will once again be conducting courtesy boat inspections at certain public boat landings around the state. Memorial Day weekend is one of the year’s busiest weekends on state waters, and officers want to do everything possible to keep boaters out of harm’s way during the holiday.
SCDNR officers will perform quick but thorough inspections for required safety equipment and proper boat and motor registration. Those who are not in compliance with safety regulations or registration requirements will not be ticketed during the complimentary inspections. Instead, they will be given an opportunity to correct the problem before they launch their boat. SCDNR officers will also be available to answer questions and give boaters tips on how to stay safe on the water.
To report boating violations such as reckless operation or an intoxicated boat operator, call the SCDNR toll-free, 24-hour hotline at 1-800-922-5431. For a copy of South Carolina's boating regulations, to find out about local boating safety courses or to obtain a free float plan form, contact the SCDNR Boating Safety Office at 1-800-277-4301 or visit the below link.
Courtesy boat inspection sites for May 26 – May 28:
- York County: Ebenezer Landing- Lake Wylie, 10 a.m. to noon
- Anderson County: River Forks Boat Ramp- Lake Hartwell, 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Fairfield County: Wateree State Park- Lake Wateree, 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Pickens County: Twelve Mile- Lake Hartwell, 10 a.m. to noon
- Charleston County: Wapoo Cut Landing- ICW South of Charleston Harbor, 10 a.m. to noon
- Clarendon County: Alex Harvin Landing- Lake Marion, 10 a.m. to noon
- Lexington County: Lake Murray Dam, 10 a.m. to noon
|Coastal, Midlands||David Lucas||843-610-0096|
|Upstate, Midlands||Greg Lucas||864-380-5201|
After Hours Radio Room - 803-955-4000