** Archived Article - please check for current information. **
Oct. 4, 2011
2nd Annual Berkley/Sebile Big Bass Lake Murray Challenge on Oct. 22
The 2nd Annual Berkley/Sebile Big Bass Lake Murray Challenge is set for Oct. 22 at Billy Dreher Island State Park.
The competition day consists of six one-hour periods where anglers can weigh-in their single largest fish. Each hour an angler can bring one fish to the scales to try and stay in the running for a chance to receive one of the five, hourly cash awards.
Over $18,000 in cash and prizes will be awarded during the event, which includes the hourly prizes and a grand prize of $5000 – guaranteed payouts regardless of field size. The exclusive aspect of this tournament is that only Berkley/Sebile baits can be used during the challenge. The first 100 anglers who register will receive a Sebile Magic Swimmer bait.
The Berkley Experience trailer, a 60-foot event center, will be on site from Friday at 2 p.m. until the final weigh-in and awards on Saturday. The trailer features interactive presentation screens, educational seminars on line selection, reel maintenance, rod selection and selecting the right bait, a knot tying station and competition, bait demonstration tanks and many other fun elements designed to help the angers Catch More Fish. The Experience trailer will also have a good selection of Berkley baits for sale, if anglers have not already stocked up for the tournament.
The S.C. Department of Natural Resources (DNR) has partnered with Pure Fishing, the parent company of Berkley/Sebile, on numerous events over the years including the Natural Resource School program and DNR will be onsite for the duration of the tournament with a booth on SC Reel Kids.
- Future management of sheepshead fishery to be discussed at public meeting series
- Feeding, baiting deer in black bear range not wise
- Coastal Explorations Series offers fall opportunities in Lowcountry
- Deer Management meeting set for Oct. 18 in Edgefield
- Abbeville High School Panther Fishing Team conducts inaugural Bass Fishing League tournament
- Dixie Hornet Anglers kick off Bass Fishing League season on Lake Secession
- 2nd Annual Berkley/Sebile Big Bass Lake Murray Challenge on Oct. 22
- 4,011 sea turtle nests observed during 2011 season
- Drought Response Committee maintains all counties as moderate
- DNR conducting study of apprentice hunting licenses
- DNR revises comprehensive deer management recommendations
- Share the spirit of discovery in October during S.C. Archaeology Month
- Freshwater fishing trends
- Saltwater fishing trends
- S.C. weekly tidetable
- DNR video