** Archived Article - please check for current information. **
Sept. 29, 2011
DNR conducting study of apprentice hunting licenses
The S.C. Department of Natural Resources (DNR) has partnered with Responsive Management, a Virginia-based research firm, on a study examining motivations for the purchases of Apprentice Hunting Licenses and the most important "next step" guidance needed for these license holders to become lifelong hunters.
DNR would like to notify 2010 Apprentice Hunting License holders that they may receive a telephone call from Responsive Management researchers, who will be surveying license holders over the next several weeks. The survey will be conducted entirely by telephone and takes approximately 10 minutes to complete.
Apprentice Hunting License holders in several other states will be contacted as part of the research study as well.
Responsive Management has been conducting textbook-quality research for natural resource and outdoor recreation organizations for 20 years, including substantial work for the South Carolina Department of Natural Resources. Responsive Management’s research has been upheld in U.S. District Courts, used in peer-reviewed journals, and presented at major natural resource and outdoor recreation conferences across the world. The firm’s research has been featured in many of the nation’s top media, including The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, CNN, and on the front pages of The Washington Post and USA Today.
For more information, please visit Responsive Management’s website, which provides extensive information on the firm’s research, methodologies, and qualifications.
If you have any questions about the study or would like additional information, please contact Amanda Stroud by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 4,011 sea turtle nests observed during 2011 season
- Drought Response Committee maintains all counties as moderate
- DNR conducting study of apprentice hunting licenses
- DNR revises comprehensive deer management recommendations
- Deer hunting returns to Bonneau Ferry WMA
- S.C. Natural Resources Board meets Oct. 5 in Columbia
- State wildlife, fisheries group meets Oct. 11 in Columbia
- Family Fishing Clinic scheduled for Chesterfield County residents on Oct. 12
- Longleaf pine trees shedding needles is normal this time of year
- Share the spirit of discovery in October during S.C. Archaeology Month
- DNR honors 2011 Law Enforcement Officers of the Year
- Angler breaks 23-year-old state record for hogfish
- Volunteer instructors sought for new Family Fishing Clinics
- Results from 2011 Wood Stork surveys, nest monitoring
- Proper disposal of deer remains is a rule of good hunter ethics
- Freshwater fishing trends
- Saltwater fishing trends
- S.C. weekly tidetable
- DNR video