** Archived Article - please check for current information. **
January 6, 2012
Aquatic Plant Management Council meets Jan. 10 in Columbia
The Aquatic Plant Management Council will meet 10 a.m. Tuesday, Jan. 10, at the S.C. Department of Agriculture Laboratory Services Building located in the new State Farmers Market off US 321.
The meeting is open to the public. Anyone with business for the council or needing directions to the meeting place should contact Chris Page at the S.C. Department of Natural Resources (DNR) in Columbia at (803) 755-2836 or by email at email@example.com. Please contact Chris Page so that anyone who would like to speak to the Council can be placed on the agenda.
Items scheduled on the agenda for the meeting of the Aquatic Plant Management Council include:
- Call to Order - 109th Meeting
- Minutes of the Nov. 16, 2011 Council Meeting
- Discussion pertaining to the Draft 2012 South Carolina Aquatic Plant Management Plan that will be released for public comment period (Jan. 12 – Feb. 12).
- South Carolina 2011 weather in review
- Jan. 7 Youth Deer Hunt Day statewide
- 25th Annual Wild Quail Management Seminar scheduled for March 8-9, 2012
- Jan. 13 deadline for Junior Duck Stamp contest entries
- North Island hog hunts with dogs to remove destructive feral hogs
- Aquatic Plant Management Council meets Jan. 10 in Columbia
- Youth coon hunt to be held in Bowman on Saturday, Jan. 14
- Take precautions to avoid hypothermia
- Freshwater fishing trends
- Saltwater fishing trends
- S.C. weekly tidetable
- DNR video