** Archived Article - please check for current information. **
July 24, 2012
Spaces available for upcoming Family Fishing Clinics
Family Fishing Clinics is an introductory class to fishing and now even more dates have been added around the state. It's a chance to learn everything from tying a proper knot to casting techniques.
The clinics are sponsored by the S.C. Department of Natural Resources Aquatic Education Section and are designed to introduce the basics of fishing to the young and old or those who need a refresher to the basics of fishing to increase their future participation in the sport. Family Fishing Clinics will teach skills on how to tie fishing knots, how to rig a rod and reel, casting and the best part is everyone will get to try their hand at fishing. Participants will learn how and where to fish and have someone to fish with to become confident anglers. Family Fishing Clinics are free of charge.
Register online and for more information regarding an upcoming Family Fishing Clinic event or to host an event, please contact Lorianne Riggin, email@example.com or (803) 737-8483.
The scheduled clinics are as follows:
Aug. 11 – 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. - Table Rock State Park
Oct. 13 – 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. - Pleasant Ridge County Park, Marietta, SC
- Video-Loggerhead hatchlings emerge from their nests
- DNR and partners schedule youth deer hunts in Upstate
- Bluefield/Moultrie Hunt Unit youth hunts this fall
- SC Conservation Bank Board meets, issues grant awards
- State Heritage Trust Advisory Board meets Aug. 2 in Columbia
- DNR to host two public meeting on trout regulations on Lower Saluda River
- Abbeville County youth dove hunt applications due Aug. 10
- Clemson youth deer hunt registration ends Sept. 17
- ‘Longleaf, as Far as the Eye Can See’ theme of Longleaf Alliance conference set for Oct. in Texas
- Spaces available for upcoming Family Fishing Clinics
- Drought status maintained for all counties except Barnwell
- Flood insurance community meeting set Aug. 2 in Florence
- DNR to host series of alligator hunting seminars
- Aug. 10 is deadline to apply for opening day Youth Draw Dove Hunts
- Aug. 10 is deadline to apply for Limited Entry Dove Hunts
- Video - Drink. Drive. Die?
- Freshwater fishing trends
- Saltwater fishing trends
- S.C. weekly tidetable
- DNR video