** Archived Article - please check for current information. **
July 27, 2012
DNR to host public meetings on Lower Saluda River trout regulations
Have you ever fished for trout? Do you enjoy a day on the waters of the Lower Saluda River? Join the S.C. Department of Natural Resources (DNR) for one of two public meetings to discuss possible changes to trout regulations on the Lower Saluda River. Representatives from the DNR Freshwater Fisheries Section will be available to discuss current and potential trout regulations on the waters from the Lake Murray Dam to the confluence with the Broad River.
The first meeting will be held on Aug. 14 at the Richland Public Library, Lucy Hampton Bostick Auditorium, Garden Level at 6 p.m. The Richland Public Library can be found at 1431 Assembly Street, Columbia. The library is located downtown at the corner of Assembly and Hampton streets.
A second meeting will be held at the River Center at Saluda Shoals Park in Columbia on Aug. 16 at 6 p.m. To find Saluda Shoals Park from Columbia take I–26 west toward Spartanburg. Exit Piney Grove Road and turn left. Proceed approximately 1.5 miles to St. Andrews Road. Turn right, then left at the first traffic light. Saluda Shoals Park is 1.5 miles on your left at 5605 Bush River Rd, Columbia.
For more information, please contact Hal Beard, Region 3 Coordinator at (803) 955-0462 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Video-Loggerhead hatchlings emerge from their nests
- DNR and partners schedule youth deer hunts in Upstate
- Bluefield/Moultrie Hunt Unit youth hunts this fall
- SC Conservation Bank Board meets, issues grant awards
- State Heritage Trust Advisory Board meets Aug. 2 in Columbia
- DNR to host two public meeting on trout regulations on Lower Saluda River
- Abbeville County youth dove hunt applications due Aug. 10
- Clemson youth deer hunt registration ends Sept. 17
- ‘Longleaf, as Far as the Eye Can See’ theme of Longleaf Alliance conference set for Oct. in Texas
- Spaces available for upcoming Family Fishing Clinics
- Drought status maintained for all counties except Barnwell
- Flood insurance community meeting set Aug. 2 in Florence
- DNR to host series of alligator hunting seminars
- Aug. 10 is deadline to apply for opening day Youth Draw Dove Hunts
- Aug. 10 is deadline to apply for Limited Entry Dove Hunts
- Video - Drink. Drive. Die?
- Freshwater fishing trends
- Saltwater fishing trends
- S.C. weekly tidetable
- DNR video