** Archived Article - please check for current information. **
July 3, 2012
Aug. 10 is deadline to apply for Limited Entry Dove Hunts
The S.C. Department of Natural Resources (DNR) will co-sponsor opening day limited entry dove hunts at five locations on Saturday, Sept. 1, 2012. Co-sponsors include the S.C. Forestry Commission and Santee Cooper.
In order to apply this year, interested persons must complete an application and mail it to the DNR main office in Columbia. Applicants will be charged a $10 non-refundable participation fee and up to four persons may apply on the same application. Completed applications should be mailed to SCDNR, Attn: Dove Hunts, P.O. Box 167, Columbia, SC 20202. The deadline for submitting applications is Friday, Aug. 10.
Participants for the hunt will be randomly selected and both successful and unsuccessful applicants will be notified by mail. To obtain an application for the hunt, contact DNR in Columbia at (803) 734-3886 or download an application from the DNR website.
The following fields are included in the Opening Day Limited Entry Dove Hunts (local contact numbers are given for additional information concerning each field):
- Clarendon Co. – Oak Lea SC Forestry Commission field near Pinewood (803) 734-3886
- Florence Co. – Pee Dee Station Site WMA Santee Cooper field Kingsburg (843 661-4768
- Sumter Co. – Tuomey Field “A” SC Forestry Commission field near Wedgefield (803) 734-3886
- Sumter Co. – Tuomey Field “B” SC Forestry Commission field near Wedgefield (803) 734-3886
- York Co. – DNR Draper WMA field near McConnells (864) 427-5140
- SC Drought Response Committee conference call on July 19
- Third Round Results from the SC Governor’s Cup Billfishing Series
- Aug. 10 is deadline to apply for opening day Youth Draw Dove Hunts
- Aug. 10 is deadline to apply for Limited Entry Dove Hunts
- New fishing agreement between Georgia, South Carolina took effect July 1
- DNR courtesy boating inspections continue through July 4 holiday
- State wildlife, fisheries group meets July 11 at Table Rock State Park
- Waterfowl Advisory Committee meets July 10 in Columbia
- New DNR website on in-water sea turtle research activities
- Plant fields now for fall mourning dove hunts
- Video - Drink. Drive. Die?
- DNR continues to add fishing clinics around the state
- Freshwater fishing trends
- Saltwater fishing trends
- S.C. weekly tidetable
- DNR video