** Archived Article - please check for current information. **
October 30, 2012
State Heritage Trust Advisory Board meets Nov. 1 in Columbia
The South Carolina Heritage Trust Advisory Board will meet 10 a.m. Thursday, Nov. 1 in Columbia. The Columbia location will be in Room 335 (third-floor board room) at the Rembert C. Dennis Building located at 1000 Assembly St. in Columbia.
The Heritage Trust Advisory Board meeting is open to the public except during executive session and anyone with business for the advisory board or needing directions to the meeting may contact the S.C. Department of Natural Resources (DNR) Columbia office at (803) 734-3893. The DNR Heritage Trust Program protects significant natural and cultural lands in South Carolina.
Campbell Coxe of Darlington is chair of the Heritage Trust Advisory Board. The policy making Heritage Trust Advisory Board serves as a liaison between the public, the Heritage Trust Program and the S.C. Natural Resources Board. Formed by state law in 1976, Heritage Trust has protected thousands acres on state heritage preserves found throughout South Carolina.
Items on the agenda include:
* Updates and Comments Ken Rentiers, DNR
* Budget Updates Ken Rentiers
* Executive Session (if necessary)
- 2011-12 quail season slightly improved from previous year
- Highest loggerhead nesting for South Carolina since 1982
- State Heritage Trust Advisory Board meets Nov. 1 in Columbia
- Tough fishing on Lake Greenwood, Dixie HS Anglers undaunted
- Youth coon hunt to be held in Edgefield on Saturday, Nov. 3
- South Carolina Conservation Bank Board to meet Nov. 7 in Columbia
- Dispose of unwanted marine equipment at Beaufort-area Clean Marine event Nov. 2-4
- Motorists need to watch for deer on state roads
- Just-sprouted longleaf pine seedlings are good to eat in the fall!
- View autumn leaf colors at state heritage and wildlife lands
- DNR Small Game Project ranks top counties for rabbit
- Venison is not only sources of Toxoplasmosis parasite
- Applications available for coastal black bear season
- DNR re-launches volunteer Marine Gamefish Tagging Program
- New Endangered Species (loggerhead sea turtle) license plate
- Freshwater fishing trends
- Saltwater fishing trends
- S.C. weekly tidetable
- DNR video