** Archived Article - please check for current information. **
November 9, 2012
Fundraiser for DNR Sgt. J.B. Kinsey
Sen. Chip Campsen (R-Dist. 43) and his brother Richard Campsen are teaming up to help out longtime S.C. Department of Natural Resources (DNR) Sgt. J.B. Kinsey.
Sgt. Kinsey's house in St. George burned to the ground on Nov. 1st. Kinsey, his wife and two sons, lost their home and all their possessions. Sgt. Kinsey has spent his entire professional career of more than 20 years helping the community and now there is a chance for the community to say "Thank You" in a meaningful way.
Sen. Campsen and his brother are planning a fundraiser for the Kinsey family on Charleston Harbor and we need your assistance for this worthy cause. Sen. Campsen and his family have generously offered use of their SpiritLine Cruise charter boat the "Spirit of the Lowcountry" on Sunday, Nov. 18th for three hours of fun on Charleston Harbor for fantastic food, beer and wine, entertainment, and an unforgettable view.
"J.B. is an outstanding individual and a well respected DNR officer. SpiritLine Cruises and the Campsen family are pleased to assist J.B.'s family get back on their feet after this tragic fire, "said Sen. Campsen."We encourage others to join us for this special fundraiser on Nov. 18."
If you can donate a silent auction item, your services, or money please contact Mary Elizabeth or Dawna in the sales office at SpiritLine Cruises at (843) 722-2628. Tickets are only $25. Boarding is at 6:30 p.m. at the Fountain Walk dock at the Aquarium Wharf in Charleston.
- Wild turkey harvest in SC increases substantially this spring
- Natural Resources Board meets Nov. 15 in Charleston
- Youth coon hunt to be held in Fountain Inn on Saturday, Nov. 17
- Seven teams turn out for Lake Greenwood BASS Junior Bassmaster State Championship
- Waterfowl Advisory Committee meets Nov. 13 near McClellanville
- Dove hunting resumes Nov. 17
- 2011-12 quail season slightly improved from previous year
- Highest loggerhead nesting for South Carolina since 1982
- Motorists need to watch for deer on state roads
- Just-sprouted longleaf pine seedlings are good to eat in the fall!
- DNR Small Game Project ranks top counties for rabbit
- New Endangered Species (loggerhead sea turtle) license plate
- Freshwater fishing trends
- Saltwater fishing trends
- S.C. weekly tidetable
- DNR video