** Archived Article - please check for current information. **
Jan. 22, 2013
SC Drought Response Committee conference call, Jan. 31, 10 a.m.
The S.C. Department of Natural Resources will conduct a South Carolina Drought Response Committee conference call on Thursday, Jan. 31 at 10 a.m. The purpose of the drought conference call is to evaluate the drought status statewide. The committee will review climatic data, streamflow and lake level data, and drought impacts.
The SC Drought Response Committee, meeting via conference call on Dec. 11, upgraded the drought status one level in every county statewide. Oconee, Pickens, Anderson, Abbeville, McCormick, Greenwood, Edgefield, Saluda, Newberry, Lexington, Aiken and Barnwell counties moved to the severe drought level. Greenville, Spartanburg, Cherokee, York, Laurens, Union, Chester, Fairfield, Richland, Sumter, Calhoun, Orangeburg, Clarendon, Allendale, Bamberg, Dorchester, Berkeley, Hampton, Colleton and Jasper counties were upgraded to moderate drought status. All other counties in the state that were previously at no drought are now incipient.
For those interested in monitoring the free conference call (605) 475-4700 and input the participant access code of 952805#.
Contact South Carolina State Climatologist Hope Mizzell in Columbia at (803) 530-5793 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- SC Drought Response Committee conference call, Jan. 31, 10 a.m.
- Complete collection of duck stamp art to be displayed at Anderson Arts Center through Feb. 22
- Palmetto Sportsmen's Classic set for March 22-24 at State Fairgrounds in Columbia
- Youth coon hunt to be held in Ridgeville on Saturday, Feb. 2, 2013
- Fishing seminar to be held at Conway HS on Feb. 2
- North Island hog hunts with dogs to remove destructive feral hogs
- Public invited to Family Fishing Clinics
- Camp Wildwood of South Carolina open for 2013 registration
- NRCS/Conservation Districts accepting applications from SC farmers,
ranchers for Conservation Initiatives
- Shooting Sports Field Day set for Feb.9 near Garnett
- 2012 Environmental Awareness award nominations sought
- Freshwater fishing trends
- Saltwater fishing trends
- S.C. weekly tidetable
- DNR video