** Archived Article - please check for current information. **
July 11, 2013
'Come Explore the Outdoors' at Lake Greenwood during Blueway event
Paddlesports, wildlife facts, boating safety and other events will be available during the 'Come Explore the Outdoors' Blueway event on Lake Greenwood from 9 a.m. to noon Saturday, July 27 at Buzzards Roost Boat Ramp on SC 34 near Ninety Six. The event is free and open to the public.
For more information call (864) 942-8560. The event is presented by Greenwood County Lake Management, and among its other sponsors are the S.C. Department of Natural Resources (DNR) and Clemson Extension Service.
Buzzards Roost Boat Ramp will be closed July 27 except to registered participants.
A "Blueway" is a trail on water, and Greenwood County is emphasizing paddlesports during the July 27 Lake Greenwood event, which will feature different stations such as a standup paddling demonstration and kayak instruction and practice. Other features will include aquatic weed identification, DNR boating safety demonstrations, "wild" craft and more.
Other sponsors of the July 27 Blueway event on Lake Greenwood are Gunnell's Marine Unlimited, Preserving Lake Greenwood, Calm Water Kayak Tours, Earth Connection Outfitters and Moon Landing RV Park & Marina.
- Register now for Family Fishing Clinics
- 'Come Explore the Outdoors' at Lake Greenwood during Blueway event
- S.C. Prescribed Fire Council annual meeting set in Dorchester County Sept. 19
- Frequently asked questions about South Carolina hunting, fishing licenses
- Bluefield/Moultrie Hunt Unit youth hunts this fall
- Keep an eye out for South Carolina’s snakes moving around in summertime
- Commercial license needed to sell pen-reared quail
- Growing-season burns a natural ecological process in South Carolina
- Renew your state hunting and fishing license
- Volunteers needed to participate in the summer turkey survey
- Freshwater fishing trends
- Saltwater fishing trends
- S.C. weekly tidetable
- DNR video
- Archived news releases