Nov. 15, 2013
The Outdoor Dream Foundation recognizes the T.L. Hanna Fishing Team
The Outdoor Dream Foundation presented a plaque to the T.L. Hanna Fishing Team for their hard work at the recent Brandon Brawdy Memorial Fundraising Event.
The Hanna Fishing Team helped by selling raffle tickets, serving food, presenting auction items as well as other tasks. These students selflessly donated their time and worked hard to help a very worthy charity.
The Outdoor Dream Foundation "grants outdoor adventures to children who have been diagnosed with terminal or life threatening illnesses." The event was hosted in memory of Brandon Brawdy, a Wren High School student, who passed away last spring.
Form a bass fishing club at your school and you can also compete in tournaments around South Carolina. Clubs currently compete in inter-squad tournaments, against other schools as well as fish the SCDNR Youth Bass Fishing Championship and other state level tournaments provided by The Bass Federation and B.A.S.S.
All you need to do is get a minimum of six students (within the 11-18 year old range) with dues paid and you can have a Youth Bass Fishing Club. You'll also need an adult at your school to help lead the club, provide advice and help arrange at least two club tournaments, fundraisers, speakers and other learning sessions pertaining to fishing for club meetings. The Youth Bass Fishing Clubs is a product of a partnership between the South Carolina Department of Natural Resources, The Bass Federation of South Carolina and B.A.S.S with help and support from parents, teachers, school districts, local bait & tackle shops and community partners.
- Sibling bear orphans released back into South Carolina mountains
- Channel catfish stocked in Saluda River near Ware Shoals
- Midlands Striper Club donates $7500 to DNR
- The Outdoor Dream Foundation recognizes the T.L. Hanna Fishing Team
- Redbreast stocked in Little Pee Dee at Galivants Ferry
- South Carolina Conservation Bank reviews revenues at recent meeting
- Shrimp-baiting season closed Nov. 12 in S.C. waters
- Dove hunting resumes Nov. 23
- 2013 Environmental Awareness award nominations sought
- Wild turkey reproduction drops significantly this summer
- Smallmouth bass stocked in Lake Jocassee at Devils Fork State Park
- 1,500 bream stocked at Oconee State Park near Walhalla
- Results from 2013 Wood Stork Surveys and Nest Monitoring
- Venison is not only source of toxoplasmosis parasite
- Freshwater fishing trends
- Saltwater fishing trends
- S.C. weekly tidetable
- DNR video
- Archived news releases