** Archived Article - please check for current information. **
October 30, 2014State Heritage Trust Advisory Board to meet at Lake Wateree State Park on Nov. 6
The South Carolina Heritage Trust Advisory Board will meet at 11 a.m. on Thursday, Nov. 6 at Lake Wateree State Park at 881 State Park Road, Winnsboro.
The Heritage Trust Advisory Board meeting is open to the public except during executive session and anyone with business for the advisory board or needing directions to the meeting may contact the S.C. Department of Natural Resources (DNR) Columbia office at (803) 734-3893. The DNR Heritage Trust Program protects significant natural and cultural lands in South Carolina.
Campbell Coxe of Darlington is chair of the Heritage Trust Advisory Board. The policy making Heritage Trust Advisory Board serves as a liaison between the public, the Heritage Trust Program and the S.C. Natural Resources Board. Formed by state law in 1976, Heritage Trust has protected thousands acres on state heritage preserves found throughout South Carolina.
Items on the agenda for the special hearing include:
* Updates and Comments
* Tour of the Liberty Hill Property
- Youth Family Fishing event to be held Nov. 8 in Socastee
- DNR to co-sponsor Mt. Pleasant youth coastal fishing tournament on Nov. 15
- Wild hog management workshop scheduled for Dec. 11 in Ridgeland
- State Heritage Trust Advisory Board to meet at Lake Wateree State Park on Nov. 6
- Wild turkey reproduction increases slightly this summer
- Youth encouraged to sign up for Nov. 22 Horry Co. dove clinic
- Record high number of stork nests in SC during 2014
- Venison is not only source of toxoplasmosis parasite
- 2014 seabird nesting season sees return of pelicans to Bird Key
- Wild turkey harvest in SC decreases this spring
- Freshwater fishing trends
- Saltwater fishing trends
- S.C. weekly tidetable
- DNR video
- Archived news releases