** Archived Article - please check for current information. **
April 3, 2015Coyote workshop planned for Georgetown area April 14
The S.C. Department of Natural Resources, in conjunction with Clemson Extension, will host a Coyote Trapping and Management Workshop at the Trinity Christian Academy, dining hall at 608 West Ashland Ave., Andrews, SC on April 14.
The workshop will begin at 5 p.m. on Tuesday, April 14, and end at about 8:30 p.m. Previous trapping experience is not required and the workshop will cover coyote biology, regulations, and trapping techniques including a demonstration of effective trap sets by a professional trapper.
The cost for the workshop is $20 and includes dinner. Registration is available online or by calling (843) 546-4481.
Currently, a series of coyote seminars are planned throughout the state this year. To find a location near you check online. For information on coyotes in South Carolina and the rules and regulations associated with controlling them, call (803) 734-3886.
- Duck hunters finish the season on DNR Waterfowl Management Areas
- DNR to host youth turkey clinic April 25 in Chesterfield Co.
- Coyote workshop planned for Georgetown area April 14
- 3rd Annual SCDNR Youth Bass Fishing Championship held on Lake Murray March 28
- New Blue Catfish length, possession limits on Santee Cooper lake April 1
- DNR hosts series of youth fishing rodeos/family fishing clinics around the state
- DNR officer named investigator of the year by International Association of Marine Investigators
- Boardwalk at Dungannon Plantation Heritage Preserve closed to protect nesting wood storks
- DNR gives Upstate fish attractors a 'structure' makeover to enhance fishing experience
- Freshwater fishing trends
- Saltwater fishing trends
- S.C. weekly tidetable
- DNR video
- Archived news releases