** Archived Article - please check for current information. **
April 3, 2015DNR to host youth turkey clinic April 25 in Chesterfield Co.
The S.C. Department of Natural Resources (DNR) Take One Make One program will be hosting a free youth turkey clinic on April 25, 2015 starting at 9:45 a.m. and ending at 3 p.m. The Clinic will be held in Chesterfield County and sponsored by the local Buck Masters. The clinic will introduce the students to turkey calling, hunting and preparing blinds, marksman ship skills, as well as game care and prep. The clinic will offer many more tips to insure a safe and successful turkey hunt.
Youth are required to register and must be at least 10 years of age to participate. To register please contact Lt. Kim Leverich at Leverichk@dnr.sc.gov or call our office at 1-800-277-4301. DNR will confirm your attendance via email with further instructions. A wild game lunch will be provided at the event and parents/guardians are encouraged to stay and participate.
- Duck hunters finish the season on DNR Waterfowl Management Areas
- DNR to host youth turkey clinic April 25 in Chesterfield Co.
- Coyote workshop planned for Georgetown area April 14
- 3rd Annual SCDNR Youth Bass Fishing Championship held on Lake Murray March 28
- New Blue Catfish length, possession limits on Santee Cooper lake April 1
- DNR hosts series of youth fishing rodeos/family fishing clinics around the state
- DNR officer named investigator of the year by International Association of Marine Investigators
- Boardwalk at Dungannon Plantation Heritage Preserve closed to protect nesting wood storks
- DNR gives Upstate fish attractors a 'structure' makeover to enhance fishing experience
- Freshwater fishing trends
- Saltwater fishing trends
- S.C. weekly tidetable
- DNR video
- Archived news releases