** Archived Article - please check for current information. **
July 7, 2015SC Drought Response Committee conference call on July 16
The S.C. Department of Natural Resources will conduct a South Carolina Drought Response Committee Conference Call on Thursday, July 16, 2015, at 2 p.m.
The purpose of the drought conference call is to evaluate the drought status statewide. Choose the access number local to you: (803) 726-9796, (864) 908-3279 or (843) 737-7035. Follow the voice prompts and, when asked, enter the Code 288319 followed by the # key. You will be connected to the conference, if your code is correct. If you are disconnected for any reason, repeat instructions above. When you are not speaking, please mute your phone. Please use land lines instead of cellular phones when possible. Contact State Climatologist Dr. Hope Mizzell at (803) 734-9568 or by email, email@example.com for more information.
The S.C. Drought Response Committee, meeting via conference call on June 19, upgraded the drought status to the first level of drought, incipient, for 28 counties.
- Bat surveys taking place across South Carolina
- S.C. Natural Resources Board meets July 16 in Columbia
- SC Drought Response Committee conference call on July 16
- Lights Out For Loggerheads! Sea turtle hatching season officially underway
- Two fishing lakes closed for renovation, restock
- Public invited to Columbia film screening, Q&A on Fort Frederick
- Submit a winning "Trashter Piece" and take home an iPad Mini 3
- Share the beach with shorebirds this holiday weekend
- DNR recognizes 2014 Employee of the Year
- Volunteers needed to participate in the Summer Turkey Survey
- Biologists banding Whistling Ducks to determine range expansion, migration patterns
- DNR biologists document Golden Eagles at Marsh WMA in Marion County
- DNR hosts series of youth fishing rodeos/family fishing clinics around the state
- Freshwater fishing trends
- Saltwater fishing trends
- S.C. weekly tidetable
- DNR video
- Archived news releases