Regulations: 2016 - 2017
The game laws of South Carolina are enacted by state legislation. For this reason, legislative changes to the regulations can occur all the way into the end of June and the beginning of July. In order to provide the public with the most current regulations, the booklet for the 2017-2018 does not go to press until late in July and will not be available to the public until the middle of August 2017. Current regulations are valid until August 14, 2017.
Looking for Regulations -
2016-2017 Hunting & Fishing Guide (file size 25MB)
Adobe® Reader® is required to open the files below and is available as a free download from the Adobe® Web site.
- Hunting - (file size 8M PDF)
- Wildlife Management Area - (file size 4M PDF)
- Migratory Birds including Waterfowl
- Small Game - Includes: Beaver, fox, opossum,
rabbit, raccoon, squirrel, other species
- Wild Hog
- Antlerless Deer Tag - (PDF)
- Catawba License Application - (PDF)
- Bear Tag - (PDF)
- Disability License - (PDF)
- Lifetime License - (PDF)
- Nongame Fish Tag Application - (PDF)
- Shrimp Baiting License - (PDF)
- Turkey Tags - (PDF)
What's new in the Code of Law - (PDF)
* Please Note: SCDNR has provided small downloadable Adobe PDF files. In order to accomplish this the original 2016-2017 SC Hunting and Fishing Regulations Guide has been modified and only includes certain topics from the 2016-2017 Hunting Laws and Regulations; therefore, page numbers will not correspond within the document.