We ask nicely, we even post signs…
What is Litter?
"Litter includes any solid or liquid domestic or commercial waste, refuse, debris..., includes any waste glass, metal, plastic, paper,
fabric, wood, food, soil, sand, concrete or rocks, abandoned vehicles, abandoned vehicle parts and garden remnants and clippings…… .”
Environment Protection Act of 1970
- Plastic bags trap and choke animals
- Six pack rings are known to cause deformities
- Fishing lines and cast nets cut and trap marine life
- Animals can get trapped or cut by tin cans
- Discarded batteries causes mercury poisoning
- Motor oil and pesticides are toxic to both animals and the environment
- Animals swallow cigarette butts which causes poisoning and death
- Glass bottles trap small mammals
- Antifreeze – paint thinners – cleaning solutions – when these are dumped into storm drains, they end up in a nearby river and eventually the ocean.
It's UP2U® to dispose of litter responsibly.
Please Call 1-800-922-5431 (available 24/7) to report litter!