Wildlife - Deer Information
Questions and Answers on Chronic Wasting Disease
- What is Chronic Wasting Disease (CWD)?
- What causes CWD?
- Where has CWD been found?
- Does CWD exist in South Carolina?
- How is CWD spread?
- Can CWD infect livestock or other wildlife?
- Is CWD dangerous to humans?
- How can you tell if a deer has CWD?
- How is CWD diagnosed?
- What should I do if I see a deer that shows CWD symptoms?
- What precautions should South Carolina deer hunters take?
- As a deer hunter, what should I do if I kill a severely emaciated deer or a deer that is obviously sick?
- What is being done about CWD in South Carolina?
- What about importing deer carcasses into South Carolina from other states?
- What should I do if I find out a deer or elk I killed had CWD?
- What should I do to find out more about CWD?
The Questions and Answers on Chronic Wasting Disease are provided in the Adobe® Acrobat® (PDF) format. Adobe® Reader® is required to open these files and is available as a free download from the Adobe® Web site.