Webb Wildlife Center in 1941
WMA Field Day - June 4, 2016
From 9:00 am through 2:00 pm at the Webb Wildlife Center. Enjoy a day of FREE activities and Lunch! Review brochure - Adobe PDF
- Herpetology Walk
- Rocket Net Demonstration
- Track Casting
- Trapping Demonstrations
- Turkey & Duck Calling Demonstrations
For more information please contact the Webb Center at 803-625-3569.
Lowcountry Charm on a High-Tech Mission
By Joey Frazier, South Carolina Wildlife magazine
After seventy-five years, the Webb Wildlife Center in Garnett is still busy establishing a legacy for cutting-edge wildlife research and spectacular outdoor recreational opportunities. Read More (Adobe PDF)»
Wildlife Management Area Lands in South Carolina
In 75 years SCDNR has grown the WMA program from a 5,000 acre tract on the Savannah River in Hampton County to a massive, statewide collection of lands providing a wealth of public access.
- SCDNR maintains a public hunting program on over 1 million acres of public land in South Carolina.
- SCDNR staff maintain habitat, facilities, infrastructure and access on over 260,000 acres of Department-owned lands which occur on over 75 Wildlife Management Areas (WMAs) and Heritage Preserves (HP) across the state.
- Additional WMA lands are leased using funds generated from the sale of the WMA permit, required for hunting on WMA lands.
- Last year, over 61,000 WMA permits were purchased by hunters for the purpose of hunting WMA lands.
- WMA lands are utilized not only for public hunting but for wildlife viewing, fishing, hiking, biking, paddling, photography, research, demonstration, education and a host of other uses.