Troubleshooting Tips for SC Game Check App
This is most likely an issue with your smartphone and not the App itself, try these steps:
- Delete the App
- Look at your System setting, About Phone, Android version and verify you are running Android 8.1 or higher (9, 10, 11).
- If needed and available, update your software version.
- After you have updated the software to the most recent version, download the SC Game Check App again.
If the download doesn't initially work, try these steps:
- On your Android device, go to the Settings App, then open "Apps and notifications"
- Click on the "Advanced" drop down list and select "Special app access"
- Scroll down and select "Install unknown apps"
- On this list, select the web browser you are using and enable the option for "Allow from this source"
- Download the application
- Go to your downloads folder and run the "SC_GAME_CHECK.apk"
Here are some troubleshooting steps to take:
- Re-enter your information carefully and make sure it is correct. We have talked to several people that were incorrectly entering their Date of Birth (DOB) with month/day numbers instead of Year of Birth (YOB). Make sure you are just entering the 4 digit year of your birth.
- If you have tried entering your information multiple times and are still unsuccessful, you can try deleting the app and reinstalling it.
- Another step to take is make sure you are using your SCDNR Customer ID (found on your hunting license or turkey tags) instead of the last 4 digits of your SSN or DL. Some customers unintentionally may have multiple customer accounts in our system in the same name. That can cause problems if the app is being returned info for multiple users.
- If none of these steps work, please call our licensing office at (803)734-3833 and verify that your SCDNR Customer ID number, Last Name spelling and Year of Birth in our system match your entered information.
It appears that most of the issues people are having are related to their specific device (likely a software version issue), information entered incorrectly or problems with customer data in our license database. Some customers may have info in our system that is not correct or may have multiple customer accounts. This app has been thoroughly tested on multiple devices over the last few months. It is working fine for most people so any issues aren't with the app itself.
Some basic things anyone that is having issues can try:
- Delete the App
- Make sure you are running the most up to date software version on your phone (update if needed)
- Reload the App and try again
- Make sure you are entering your info correctly and use Customer ID instead of last 4 of SSN or DL
- Make sure you are entering Year of Birth, not Date of Birth when setting up your profile.