** Archived Article - please check for current information. **
November 14, 2014SC Drought Response Committee conference call on Nov. 20
The S.C. Department of Natural Resources will conduct a South Carolina Drought Response Committee conference call on Thursday, Nov. 20, at 10 a.m. The purpose of the drought conference call is to evaluate the drought status statewide. The committee will review climatic data, streamflow and lake level data, and drought impacts.
The S.C. Drought Response Committee, meeting via conference call on Sept. 16, upgraded the drought status to the first level of drought for 9 counties, Edgefield, Aiken, Lexington, Barnwell, Allendale, Bamberg, Orangeburg, Hampton, and Colleton.
Instructions for participating in the call are as follows:
* Please choose the access number local to you
* Please follow the voice prompts and, when asked, enter the Code 638777 followed by the # key. You will be connected to the conference, if your Code is correct. If you are disconnected for any reason, repeat instructions above.
Contact South Carolina State Climatologist Hope Mizzell in Columbia at (803) 734-9568 or e-mail at email@example.com for more information.
- Nov. 15 designated youth waterfowl day
- SC Drought Response Committee conference call on Nov. 20
- New research sheds light on buck movements related to hunting
- Distinctive signs placed on DNR lands managed with prescribed fire
- Feeding, baiting of deer in black bear range not wise
- Wild hog management workshop scheduled for Dec. 11 in Ridgeland
- Wild turkey reproduction increases slightly this summer
- Youth encouraged to sign up for Nov. 22 Horry Co. dove clinic
- Record high number of stork nests in SC during 2014
- Freshwater fishing trends
- Saltwater fishing trends
- S.C. weekly tidetable
- DNR video
- Archived news releases