Nongame Device - Crayfish Traps
A device constructed of coated wire with the opening of the throat or flues not exceeding 2-1/4 inches with a minimum mesh size of 1/4 inch bar mesh. All crayfish traps must be marked with the name and customer ID number. These traps only may be used in those bodies of water permitted. A commercial fisherman may fish up to 50 crayfish traps. A recreational fisherman may fish up to 5 crayfish traps.
No closed season.
- Recreational fishing license (Recreational limit is 5 crayfish traps).
- Commercial fishing license when fishing 6 - 50 crayfish traps.
A fishing license is required of all persons who fish nongame fishing devices. Some devices are not permitted on certain waters.
- No nongame fishing devices of any kind may be used in SCDNR State Managed Lakes.
- Nongame Device Limits by Location for recreational fishing
- Nongame Device Limits by Location for commercial fishing
Additional tags and permits required: