2012-2013 Rules and Regulations - Full Document (Adobe PDF - 8MB)
All files which are Adobe PDF's are marked. Adobe® Reader® is required to open these files and is available as a free download from the Adobe® Web site. Most file sizes are less than 1M unless noted.
The information contained in the printed booklet and on this web site is provided as summary information. The specific laws governing Fish, Wildlife and Boating may be found in Title 50 SC Code.
- Antlerless Deer Tag - Adobe PDF
- Bear Tag - Adobe PDF
- Disability License - Adobe PDF
- Lifetime License - Adobe PDF
- Shrimp Baiting License - Adobe PDF
- Wild Turkey Transportation Tags - Adobe PDF
- All - Game Zones 1 - 6 (file size 2M) - Adobe PDF
- Deer Seasons on Private Land - Adobe PDF
- Hunter Education
- Hunting Rules and Regulations (file size 4M) - Adobe PDF
- Migratory Bird Hunting Seasons
- Point System for Violations - Adobe PDF
- Small Game Seasons on Private Lands - Adobe PDF
- Special Hunts for Youth and Mobility Impaired - Adobe PDF
- Turkey Season on Private and WMA Land - Adobe PDF
- Wildlife Management Areas (file size 4M) - Adobe PDF
Seasonal and Other Regulations
- Beaver Management & Control
- Commercial Fishing Law/Licensing/Applications
- Commercial Shellfishing Law/Licensing/Applications
- Interstate Wildlife Violators Compact
- Hog Hunting Seasons for WMAs - Adobe PDF
- Trapping and Commercial Fur Harvest Regulations
SC Code of Laws
SC Code of Regulations
Changes in Laws and Regulations
Some of the property-specific regulations could change due to the need for emergency regulations. Changes will be publicized in local newspapers and on the DNR web site at www.dnr.sc.gov/regs/changes.html as any new legislation is passed. Discrepancies between the book and any statute or regulation shall be governed by the statute or regulation. Errors occasionally appear in this book and news releases are published to clarify these situations. To research laws, visit http://www.scstatehouse.gov/coderegs/statmast.php.
Other information is published only in DNR news releases. This includes announcements relative to shrimp baiting, public hearings, fishing rodeos, DNR Board decisions and position statements, new legislation, youth activities, mobility impaired hunts, US Dept. of Agriculture cost-share programs, special drawing hunts, schedules for newly acquired areas and many other items of interest. DNR news releases are published weekly and distributed free to editors of all regional and local newspapers and are available to the public.