Research Experiences for Minority Students: Program Requirements
Applications will be accepted from science majors who have at least a 2.5 GPA in their major courses (2.0 overall).
Applicants must provide:
- College Transcript (original copy preferred)
- Two letters of recommendations (preferably from present or past professors)
- Written statements of fields of interest and goals.
- An application form for the MIMES program - (Adobe PDF File)
- A State of SC Employment Application - (Adobe PDF File).
In addition to the MIMES program, other undergraduate research opportunities are available.
Adobe® Reader® is required to open some of the files above and is available as a free download from the Adobe® Web site.
For more information about the MIMES Program, please contact:
Dr. Peter Kingsley-Smith
Marine Resources Research Institute
Marine Resources Division
South Carolina Department of Natural Resources
217 Fort Johnson Road / P.O. Box 12559
Charleston, SC 29422-2559