Private Property Night Hunting Notice and Registration for Hunting Feral Hogs, Coyotes, or Armadillos at Night
Feral hogs, coyotes, and armadillos may be hunted at night on registered properties on which a person has a lawful right to hunt. Feral hogs, coyotes, or armadillos may not be hunted at night on any unregistered property, except with a DNR-issued depredation permit. A hunting license is required of any hunters 16 years or older.
- On registered properties, feral hogs, coyotes, or armadillos may be hunted at night with artificial lights and nightvision devices using any legal firearm, bow, or crossbow.
- It is unlawful to hunt feral hogs, coyotes, or armadillos at night within 300 yards of a residence without the permission of the occupant. This yardage restriction does not apply to the landowner hunting their own property, or under the authority of a DNR-issued depredation permit.
- It is unlawful to shoot, or attempt to shoot, a feral hog, coyote, or armadillo at night, from, on, or across any public paved road.
- A brief, annual report of each registered property's night hunting activities is required to re-register a property the following year. Properties for which reports have not been submitted will not be registered again until such time that the reports are submitted.
- Persons convicted of night hunting for deer, bear, or turkey during the previous five years are ineligible to hunt feral hogs, coyotes, or armadillos at night.
- Property registration is required once annually as prescribed by DNR for each property.
- Applicants will be asked to provide the following information regarding the identification and location of the property:
- The Property Identifier. This is the tax map number (TMS# or Parcel ID#) as listed in the County's Assessors Office in the county where the property is located.
- The City (or nearest city or town) where the property is located.
- The County where located.
- The Acreage of the property.
- A Property Description by listing the road names and numbers that border the property.