Nongame Device - Hand Grabbing (noodling)


Taking nongame fish by hand without the aid of hook, snare or artificial breathing device. A stick, pole, rod, or PVC pipe must be used to dislodge the fish.

Where can the device be used:

All freshwater except SCDNR Managed State Lakes.

License Requirement:

Recreational fishing license (unless selling your catch then a commercial license is needed).
Purchase license online

Additional tags and permits required:


Hours / Seasons:

No closed season.

Marking required: