DNR News** Archived Article - please check for current information. **
Antlerless deer tags can soon be used September 5, 2017
Order your antlerless deer tags soon to ensure prompt arrival!
Hunters may purchase up to 4 Individual Antlerless Deer Tags ($5 each for residents and $10 each for nonresidents) which can be used on any day open to deer hunting with the following restrictions:
- Game Zone 1 - only one (1) tag is valid on private or WMA land starting October 1.
- Game Zones 2, 3, and 4 - tags are valid on private or WMA land starting September 15.
- Limit of two (2) antlerless deer per day using Individual Tags on WMA and private land in Game Zones 2, 3, and 4.
- No more than two (2) Individual Tags may be used on all WMAs combined in Game Zones 2, 3, and 4.
- Up to 4 Individual Tags may be used on private land in Game Zones 2, 3, and 4.
- Individual tags are not valid on properties which are enrolled in the Deer Quota Program.
- Tags do not alter the daily or seasonal bag limits for Game Zones or alter the type of weapon allowed. Tags may only be possessed or used by the person whose name appears on the tag.
Optional Antlered Buck Tags
- In addition to the free buck tags that residents receive, residents may purchase 2 antler restriction buck tags for $5 each. The restriction is the buck must have 4 points on one antler or a minimum 12-inch inside spread.
- Nonresidents do not receive free buck tags but may purchase up to 4 antlered buck tags of which 2 tags must be antler restriction buck tags. Cost for nonresident buck tags is $50 for the first tag and $20 each for the remaining 3 tags.
- There is no particular order in which antlered buck tags must be used by residents or nonresidents.
|Coastal, Midlands||David Lucas||843-610-0096|
|Upstate, Midlands||Greg Lucas||864-380-5201|
After Hours Radio Room - 803-955-4000