Lake Ashwood Regulations
General Fishing Regulations
Specific Regulations for Lake Ashwood
Regulation Number: 123-210
1. A valid South Carolina fishing license is required for all persons 16 years of age or older.
2. The lake is open from one-half hour before official sunrise until one-half hour after official sunset seven days a week.
3. Fishing is allowed with only rod and reels or poles. The statewide limit on the number of these devices applies.
4. Daily fish limits are 20 bream, 3 catfish, and 3 largemouth bass. Statewide limits apply for all other fish species.
5. Vehicles are restricted to roads and designated access areas only.
6. Trails are for walking or fishing access only; no ATV's, motorized vehicles, or horses allowed on these trails.
7. Pets must be on leashes or under the control of their owner at all times.
8. Boats are allowed, but may only be propelled by paddle, electric trolling motors or outboard motors rated at 10 horsepower or less.
9. All boats must meet U.S. Coast Guard requirements for operation and equipment.
10.00 The following activities are prohibited:
10.01 Snagging of fish or the use of any nongame fish device
10.07 Loud noise or loud music
10.09 Fires (allowed in grill or designated areas only)
10.10 Alcoholic beverages
10.11 Possession or discharging of firearms
The information provided on these web pages is for information only. Changes are made on the DNR's web site as new legislation is passed. Any discrepancy between these web pages and any statute or regulation shall be governed by the statute or regulation.