Mountain Lakes Regulations
General Fishing Regulations
Additional Regulations for Mountain Lakes
Regulation Number: 123-209
- The lakes are open for fishing on Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday from one-half hour before official sunrise to one-half hour after official sunset.
- Fishing is allowed with only rod and reels or poles. The statewide limit on the number of these devices applies.
- Daily fish limits are 10 bream, 3 catfish, and 1 largemouth bass 16 inches or longer. Statewide limits apply for all other fish species.
- Vehicles are restricted to roads and designated access areas only.
- Trails are for walking or fishing access only; no ATV's, motorized vehicles, or horses allowed on these trails.
- Pets must be on leashes or under the control of their owner at all times.
- No minnows allowed for bait.
- Boats are allowed, but may only be propelled by paddle or electric trolling motors.
The information provided on these web pages are for information only. Changes are made on the DNR's web site as new legislation is passed. Any discrepancy between these web pages and any statute or regulation shall be governed by the statute or regulation.