** Archived Article - please check for current information. **
November 3, 2015DNR youth deer clinic in Marion County on Nov. 25
The S.C. Department of Natural Resources (DNR) will conduct a youth deer clinic in Marion County on Nov. 25 from 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. The free clinic will introduce youth ages 10-17 to the basics of deer hunting.
The hands-on sessions include: cooking, game care and prep, tree stand safety, marksmanship and how to stay legal while hunting.
Contact DNR FSgt. Steve Simpson at Simpsons@DNR.SC.Gov if you would like to attend. The first 25 students to apply will be accepted. These clinics fill up fast so get your name in today!
- DNR assists in stocking endangered freshwater mussel
- Rainbow Ranch Tract: Now part of Forty Acre Rock
- DNR youth deer clinic in Marion County on Nov. 25
- State wildlife, fisheries group meets Nov. 10 in Columbia
- Santee Dam WMA to reopen, remaining dove hunts cancelled
- Motorists need to watch for deer on state roads
- Flooded property owners should consult local floodplain manager before rebuilding
- 2015 a successful seabird nesting season
- Wild turkey harvest in S.C. decreases this spring
- Wood Storks had a successful nesting season in 2015
- Venison is not only source of toxoplasmosis parasite
- Lake Paul Wallace emptied for inspection
- Freshwater fishing trends
- Saltwater fishing trends
- S.C. weekly tidetable
- DNR video
- Archived news releases