- 2013 SC Alligator Vendor's List (PDF)
- Alligator Season CITES Tag Locations (PDF - 2MB)
- FAQ's on Alligator Draw Hunts
- Lottery Hunt Information for Alligators
- Hunting Season Management Units for Alligators
- WMA Alligator Hunt Information
- Alligator Public Draw Hunt Harvest Report Form (PDF)
- WMA Alligator Draw Hunt Harvest Report Form (PDF)
Alligator Hunting Guides
The use of paid guides is permitted under the WMA Alligator Special Draw Hunts on Bear Island and Santee Coastal WMAs. All guides are required to obtain a $30.00 Limited Commercial Use Permit per party for each week prior to the alligator hunt.
Applications for the Limited Commercial Use Permit will not be accepted without providing contact information for each successful WMA hunt applicant utilizing guide services. Applications will be available for download following completion of the WMA alligator drawing.
- 2012 Public Alligator Hunting Guide (PDF - 3MB)
- 2012 Public Alligator Hunting Season Report (PDF)
- 2011 Public Alligator Hunting Season Report (PDF)
- 2010 Public Alligator Hunting Season Report (PDF - 2MB)
- 2009 Public Alligator Hunting Season Report (PDF - 2MB)
- 2008 Public Alligator Hunting Season Results (PDF - 2MB)
- Alligator Skull Cleaning and Preparation (PDF)
Alligator Hunting Seminars Schedule
DNR will conduct a series of alligator hunting seminars for the public alligator hunt participants, hunting assistants and other interested persons. These seminars will cover such topics as alligator capture and handling techniques, rules and regulations, alligator hunting equipment, processing, and other helpful information.
Interested alligator hunting equipment manufacturers and retailers are invited to attend to display and demonstrate their equipment in conjunction with the seminars. DNR does not endorse any type, brand, or make of such equipment. Any vendor should plan on bringing their own tables, set-ups, or displays as dedicated space or tables may not be available. On-premises sales are restricted at certain sites and vendor space may be limited or restricted to outside, so all interested vendors should first check and pre-register with DNR at (803) 734-3886.
Tentative Alligator Seminar dates:
Information coming soon.
Please check back as dates and times may be subject to change.
The 2013 open season is September 14th - October 12th (2nd Saturday in September – 2nd Saturday in October).
Taking of alligators will be controlled by regulation and the instructions on permits.
Adobe® Reader® is required to open some of the files above and is available as a free download from the Adobe® Web site.