Frequently Asked Questions - FAQs
Executive Office; DNR Board; Advisory Committees
- Who is the Interim Director of the DNR?
- What is the function of the SCDNR Board, and how are Board members selected?
- Who are the SCDNR Board Members?
- What is the function of SCDNR Advisory Committees, and how are committee members selected?
- How do I find out when the next SCDNR Board or Advisory Committee meeting is?
The SCDNR is governed by a seven-member Board with one member representing each of the seven Congressional Districts. The Board meets monthly, usually the third Thursday. The public is encouraged to attend all meetings and hearings; and comment is encouraged. Board members are appointed by the Governor.
Advisory Committees, composed of citizens from throughout the state, provide recommendations on agency programs. Advisory committees are appointed by either the governor or the SCDNR Board and meet bimonthly. Dates and locations of meetings vary. The public is encouraged to attend all meetings and hearings, and comment is encouraged. There is a committee for each of the following areas:
- Governor's Cup Billfishing Series
- Heritage Trust Program
- Land, Water and Conservation Division
- Law Enforcement
- Litter Commission
- Saltwater Recreational Fisheries
- SC Migratory Waterfowl Committee
- Wildlife and Freshwater Fisheries
Dates and locations of meetings vary. For meeting details, call the Executive Office (803) 734-4007.