Deer Tag Information
Haven't received tags and need deer tags immediately?
If you have just purchased a Hunting License and Big Game Permit, or have just requested or purchased deer tags and want to deer hunt immediately, a temporary set of deer tags can be downloaded and printed by accessing the Customer Privileges Portal on the SCDNR website at https://www2.dnr.sc.gov/ customerprivilegesportal.
These self-printed temporary tags are only valid until your permanent tags arrive in the mail. Any deer that is tagged with temporary tags must be reported to the Customer Privileges Portal on SCDNR website at https://www2.dnr.sc.gov/customerprivilegesportal by midnight of the day of harvest. You will need the deer tag identification number and county of kill as part of the reporting process.
- Deer tags WILL NOT be available over the counter at point of sales vendors (Walmart, Dick’s Sporting Goods, etc.). They will be available over the counter beginning July 16 at SCDNR offices located in Charleston, Clemson, Columbia (and Farmer’s Market), Florence, and York. Tags may be requested after June 15 by phone at 1-866-714-3611 or online at: https://www.dnr.sc.gov/purchase.html. Tags will be mailed in late July.
- Resident hunters who have an active License/Big Game Permit when deer season begins will automatically receive their base set of tags in late July. Residents whose License/Big Game Permit expires before deer season begins should renew their License/Big Game permit at least 7-10 days prior to deer hunting so their deer tags can arrive in the mail.
- Tags are valid for the entire deer season, however, hunters must maintain an active License/Big Game Permit to legally deer hunt.
4 easy steps on how to enter information on the License and deer tags screen
- Type in last name
- Select year of birth
- Choose one identifing number:
- SCDNR Customer number
- Last four numbers of driver license
- Last four numbers of your Social Security Number
- Type number in field
Select the "Begin Search Button."
The resulting screen will show your privileges and what tags you have available. Then select the "Print tags" button.