** Archived Article - please check for current information. **
January 8, 2015Jan. 31 outdoor expo to benefit Conway area youth fishing clubs
Keep the date of Jan. 31 open for the Eastern Sales Outdoor Expo at the intersection of Highways 501 and 544 near Conway. The event will be held from 8 a.m. to noon and is free of charge. There will be bass speakers and outdoor vendors along with raffle tables and a charter fishing raffle.
All proceeds will benefit the Tiger Anglers of Conway High, Conway Middle and Whittemore Park Middle. For more information contact Coach Rayburn Poston (843) 902-4274.
Interested in forming a bass fishing club at your school and becoming a part of a Youth Bass Fishing Club? All you need to do is get a minimum of six students (within the 11-18 year old range) with dues paid and you can have a Youth Bass Fishing Club. You'll also need an adult at your school to help lead the bass club, provide advice and help arrange at least two club tournaments, fundraisers, speakers and other learning sessions pertaining to fishing for club meetings. Fine out more by contacting Aquatic Education Coordinator Lorianne Riggin at (803) 737-8483 or email@example.com.
- DNR now issuing 365 day licenses
- DNR to begin removal Jan. 19 of illegal buoys on Lake Keowee
- Visiting boaters to SC waters reminded of numerous pumpout stations along the coast
- 2015 South Carolina Wildlife-Hampton Wildlife Fund annual outdoor photo contest deadline approaching
- Jan. 31 outdoor expo to benefit Conway area youth fishing clubs
- Prescribed burns restore habitat, improve safety on heritage preserves
- After the holidays, let Christmas trees benefit fish and wildlife
- Many animal species benefit from snags, so leave some standing dead trees
- Fort Frederick Heritage Preserve Friday tours from Jan. 16-Feb. 6
- DNR awards scholarships for youth skeet, trap event
- Trout stocked by helicopter on the Lower Saluda
- Freshwater fishing trends
- Saltwater fishing trends
- S.C. weekly tidetable
- DNR video
- Archived news releases