Lake Hartwell Regulations
General Fishing Regulations
Game Freshwater Fishing Regulations
Nongame Freshwater Fishing Regulations
Specific Regulations for Lake Hartwell
- Lakes Hartwell, Keowee, Russell (including the Lake Hartwell tailwater), Robinson (Greenville County), Thurmond, Tugaloo, Yonah, Stevens Creek Reservoir, the Chattooga, and Savannah Rivers—no largemouth bass less than 12 inches in total length.
- On Lakes Hartwell, Keowee, Russell (including the Lake Hartwell tailwater), Thurmond, Tugaloo, Yonah, the Chattooga and Savannah Rivers and Stevens Creek Reservoir—10 fish combined
total per person per day of any black bass species (largemouth, smallmouth, redeye or spotted
- On Lakes Hartwell and Thurmond, it is unlawful to possess more than 10 striped bass or hybrid bass or a combination of those a day and only three may be over 26 inches in total length.
- On Lake Richard B. Russell and the Lake Hartwell tailwater it is unlawful to possess more than two striped bass or hybrid bass or a combination of those a day, and only one may be over 34 inches total length.
- Allowable Nongame Devices (Marking of Nongame Devices)
||1 line with 50 hooks maximum
||3 lines with 150 hooks maximum