How to Request Information Under FOIA
All FOIA requests are required to be made in writing, you have several options:
- You may fill out the sample FOIA Request Form (Microsoft Word Format) and submit it to us; or
- You may write to us via surface mail. If you choose to send your request via surface mail you MUST:
- write the words "Freedom of Information Act Request" at the top of your letter and on the outside of the mailing envelope,
- date your request,
- give us your daytime telephone number and/or daytime e-mail contact address so that our staff can get in touch with you during normal business hours if they have questions, and
- provide as much information as possible regarding each document you are seeking. You should also specify the maximum search fee that you are prepared to pay for this request. Send your letter to the address below.
- You may also fax or e-mail your request to the contact information below.
Please Note: Regardless of how the request is filed the request must have a daytime telephone number to be properly processed.
Please send all FOIA requests, to:
Paralegal to Chief Counsel/ Freedom of Information Officer
South Carolina Department of Natural Resources
P.O. Box 167
Columbia, SC 29202