SC Marine Game Fish Tagging Program
Caught a Tagged Fish
- Record the tag number.
- Record the date, precise location of catch and type of fish.
- Measure and record the total length of the fish. Measurement should be taken
from the tip of the lower jaw to the tip of the tail. If a fork length (lower
jaw to midpoint of tail) is taken please indicate this after the measurement.
- If you are mailing in the information indicate what was done with the fish.
For example, was the fish released with tag intact or was the fish retained.
- Report the recapture as soon as possible.
- Recapture information can be either called in or mailed with attention to the
Report a recapture online